Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Momentum's April 22nd 2008

Breakfast: Two slices of whole wheat bread toasted with 1 tbsp Nutella

Lunch: 1 slice veggie pizza, dannon yoghurt, banana

Pre-workout snack: 2 chocolate chip cookies

Workout: Ran outside again- 3.5 miles in about 42 mins. OMG...I have new found respect for runners!! At times I felt that my heart was pounding so hard that other people could hear it. I cheated a little today while running...I took two breaks to catch my breath...I had to...the route I chose had too many hills. The plan is to run outside again on Thursday and time myself. Also I felt that the music I was listening to was slowing me down at times...if the song slowed down...I found myself slowing down-not sure if listening to music while running outside is a good idea....any thoughts on that??

Dinner: One and a half chapatis, cabbage subzi, 1 bowl dal, one serving of rice, yoghurt, sliced cucumber...nothing beats home made food.

3 comments:

One Pound of Cannoli Cream to Go, Please! said...

Music affects you! If you're one that can't run without music, then, yes, you should totally choose to listen to upbeat songs, with a fast pace. If you're a music person, it has proven to make you work out longer and harder. So the reverse must hold true too.
Yay for you again!! You did so well! And, no, it is not cheating to catch your breath. Not at all!
Try not to go all the way on Thursday. Your race is on Saturday, so you want to be well rested. I would just run a mile or max 1 1/2 mile outside and conserve your energies for Saturday. And time yourself then!!
You go, Momentum!!!! You rule!!!

One Pound of Cannoli Cream to Go, Please! said...

BTW, thanks for that respect for runners bit. :) And also, here's a warning - you'll find yourself in that category soon! I know it. :D

Suchi said...

Good Luck for your Run! You are going to do just awesome!