Saturday, April 26, 2008

Momentum's Race result, April 26th 2008

Today was the D-day.

I completed the 5K race in 40 mins and 11 secs. It was a little longer than it took when I was training but I am proud of myself that I did it...I did not stop even once and ran the whole distance!! Quite a few "runners" stopped to catch their breath...some of them walked and ran but I ran the whole time and that was the goal that I had set for myself...to run the whole distance.

The lady who was at the finish line was kind enought to agree to mail me my time slip when I told her that it was my first race :) I want to proudly display it!!
Will post pictures soon.
Oh....my hubby finished the race in 29 mins and 27 seconds!!

Now that the race is done...I want to keep running and I will keep posting on the blog.
Thanks so much for the running tips and encouragement. I feel like a changed person. Before today, when I ran outside, I would feel very conscious of myself...but today I overcame all my inhibitions.

Most importantly....I HAD FUN!!!

2 comments:

One Pound of Cannoli Cream to Go, Please! said...

Aditi - I'm so proud of you! And you must be even prouder. Way to go, girl!!! You did it!! And no stopping either! Timing doesn't matter at all! Like John Bingham says, "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start". It took a lot of dedication, and you did it! It is also good to know that you shed your inhibitions, you feel good about yourself, and these are the side effects of such activities, right? ;) I'm so glad you had fun! I hope that you keep running on the trails. Way to go!!!

PS: I was thinking of you both when I was running on Sat morn, sending you good luck... :D

Momentum said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement. There is another 5k run on May 10th and I think I will participate!!