Wednesday, May 24, 2006

And back from the doc....

Just came back from my physical result consultation with my doc. Turns out I have high cholestrol, which is to be expected. It runs in the family, and even with my veggie diet, the cholestrol is more than normal. 229 instead of 200. Not terrible, but still. So, one of the things the doc said I do is exercise regularly, cardio 3 times a week, 30 minutes, minimum. Yay! Something else to push me to keep at it. And then he wants to see me in 6 mos again to check the level. So, he said it takes 4-6 mos for the effects of exercise to reflect on the cholestrol. (Otherwise I was gonna say to him, "but I've already been exercising." :^) ) Missing a month wouldn't help though. :^) He also gave me some handouts about foods to avoid, and guess what's on it? Croissants. Pastries. Coconut. Hotbreads - out. Thai Garden - out. :^( What a bummer. But I guess the key is moderation. Avoid icecream and chocolates. Cold Stone - out. Milka - out. But no abstaining! I'm thinking once a week indulgences are OK, eh?

1 comment:

DilettanteMoi said...

Yeah!! Mom is here! Diet-viet pish posh! Idli-dosa and vada is all I can think of. :P

But Ms.CanoliCream.. exercise and healthy diet can take care of all the little problems, high cholestrol not withstanding!! You are on track. Just continue doing what you are doing.