Sunday, June 22, 2008

Momentum's June 22nd-June 28th

I am back. Sorry was missing from here for a while. I have been doing my runs at a slow and steady pace and doing cross training. Haven't done much of strength training but need to start doing that ASAP. I have purchased a fuel belt and an awesome sports bra....I love it.

SUNDAY June 22nd
Pre-workout snack: 1 cup soymilk
Long run day today. Ran 6 miles.
http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/pa/harrisburg/272404463788
Breakfast: Two pieces of wheat toast, one cube of swiss cheese, 1 tbsp nutella, 1 cup soymilk
Today's run was good. I ran 4.5 miles without difficulty but made the biggest mistake of stopping and walking for a little bit especially because I was doing so good and had found my pace. I should not have done that because it was hard for me to pick up the pace after that. Also should have carried Gatorade in my fuel belt instead of water.

Lunch: 1 naan without butter, paneer shaslik, rice and dal. Yummy home made food!!

Snack: 1 puran poli with dal (I know it is a wierd combo but it tasted yummy...sweet puran poli and spicy dal)

Dinner: 2 chapatis, cabbage subzi, 2 katoris taak.

9 comments:

One Pound of Cannoli Cream to Go, Please! said...

Yay to you back on the blog, Momentum!! I'm glad you found a good sports bra and your fuel belt. Oooh... I hear you about stopping and not being able to find your pace... I'm glad though that you had the experience and now you'll know what to avoid. I usually do 2 bottles H2O and 2 bottle gatorade on my fuel belt - sometimes you need H2O and not gatorade, I find. :)
PS: I <3 Nutella!!!!

Momentum said...

Next weekend is another 6 mile run. I hope it will be better than today. My belt has 2 bottles. Do you dilute your gatorade?

One Pound of Cannoli Cream to Go, Please! said...

It will be better than today! Make sure you get enough rest the 2 nights before. No, I don't dilute my gatorade. Just put it in separate bottles, so I have what I feel I need - water or gatorade.

LoveMyTravel said...

I love taak:)! Its a great drink to have with dinner!

LoveMyTravel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LoveMyTravel said...

Ohh...puran poli..yummmm!! do you make it?

NoseInBookClub said...

What is taak? Never heard of it.

LoveMyTravel said...

Taak is buttermilk in Marathi:) very similar to what you have every evening:)!

Lover of Rice said...

momentum - love your food picks.. don't know if you make them, especially the indian ones like paneer shaslik, puran poli etc..

waiting for you to fill in the rest of the week to see other interesting foods here :)

Keep up the running.