Thursday, June 01, 2006

Re: Indian Food

ChipAway and Shaker,

I'm gonna need help from the other brownies on this, coz I'm not so much of a cook, but here are the basic rules of thumb -
- Any creamy sauce is probably not good. :) - Just like with pasta. Often they have names like shahi and makhani (translation - royal and buttery), so that's a hint too.
- Paneer is the Indian version of cheese. So it tastes wonderful, and I'm known to go overboard with it, but less is more for the WorkoutGirls, if you know what I mean.
- Naan is the great bread! Like a pita bread, but softer. Its goood! :)
- Most South Indian food is healthy. LoR's recent breakfast - they're called idlis are like rice dumplings (don't know a better way to describe them) are mild flavoured, and the stew served with it (sambar) is chok full of good veggies and lentils. Good and good for you!

I'm too scared to contemplate caloric values of Indian desserts! I love them, but man, they're really sweet (read full of calories).

There's my input. :)

No comments: